Saturday, November 17, 2012

Craft: Hairbow holder

Recently I was asked if I would start posting my crafts and how to do them on my blog, so here goes!

Before my daughter was born I decided to make hairbows for her. It was something fun that I could do to keep myself entertained while on bed rest. After making the bows I realized I had no where to put them. After searching the internet for ideas I decided to make my own hairbow holder, rather than buying one from a boutique. I didn't take step by step photos of the process, but if you need help just comment and I will help in any way possible.

What you will need:
Canvas
Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Paint
Ribbon of different sizes



I was able to make my hairbow holder for free! I had all of the items on hand including the paint and matching ribbon! Some of the ribbon came off of her baby shower gifts, some even were tied to onesies. I always save the ribbon that comes on anything I buy or get!

If you need any supplies simply go to Michaels.com and print off a 40% off coupon for 1 item. You can use that for one item that is not on sale. I would print of several coupons and just go twice a day to the store. I also live only 10 minutes from Michaels, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me. After you use the ribbon for the holder, whatever you have left you can use for hairbows! 

Step 1- Paint the canvas the color you would like
Step 2- Measure out ribbon, make sure it is enough to go to the back of the canvas so you can glue it to the back canvas
Step 3- Glue ribbon to back of canvas. Make sure you leave some space between the ribbon so the bows won't be cramped. Also make sure the ribbon is straight.
Step 4- Let glue dry
Step 5- Enjoy! 

This picture was taken before I had all her bows on!
How it looks now:


No comments:

Post a Comment