Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/13/13 Grocery Trip

I know I need to get better at posting my grocery purchases along with my menu items. Once again Walmart decided to be a pain in the butt. Every time I go there I say that I won't be going back. I only went because I had a $10 Babies R Us Diaper coupon. After waiting in line for 20 minutes because there was only 2 registers open, the person informed me that I couldn't use a competitor coupon and a regular coupon. Even though I've been able to do it for months now. So I had to put back 10 items. He also didn't give me my receipt nor help with putting the items in the bags. Did I mention I had Selah on my hip? She was fine for a long time, but after waiting in line so long she got bored and hungry. I would have been able to get money back through some of my iPhone Apps, but I don't have a receipt so I can't. I won't be able to tell you the prices, but it was about $60 give or take. You can see Munchkin helping me display the stuff. She also helped carry in a few bags. 


(2) Sun Dish Soaps FREE
(1) Pack of Pork Chops
(1) 4 pack of yogurts
(1) Bag of Chips
(1) Huggies Wipes used $0.50 coupon
(1) Large Box of Diapers regular $24 used $10 Babies R Us coupon
(1) 6 pack of applesauce $1.98
(1) Coffee $3
(2) Boxes Mac and Cheese
(1) Box 
(1) Bag frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
(1) Pack Hot Dogs
(2) Loaves of Bread
(1) Pack of Hot Dog Buns
(1) Gallon of Milk
(1) Box of Cereal
(1) Box of Graham Crackers
(1) Box of Oatmeal 
(1) Bag of Stirfry
(1) Bag of Sugar
(2) Bags of Frozen Vegetables (Collard Greans and Butter Beans)
(1) Pen Holder Magnet



Munchkin and I went walking around my friend Matt's neighborhood with him and his dog. After we were finished walking he asked if I would go to the grocery store with him. He likes me to go so I can help get him deals. He returns the favor by normally going with me to the store and helping out with Selah. Food Lion had a lot of good mark down deals. I was able to get Selah Lunchables for $0.87 each! Johnsonville Brats for $1.98, ground sausage for $0.98, an Atkins meal FREE thanks to Ebony, and 2 more FREE Sun dish detergents! All this was $10 I've never bought Selah Lunchables, but with us getting ready to go on a big 5 hour road trip, I think they will be great for her to snack on. Food Lion also had Pork Chops and Boston Butt marked down, but my freezer is full. I NEED a chest freezer!! 


My last and most anticipated trip, my BOGO Publix trip. Publix has these Bertolli Pasta Sauces on BOGO for $2.59. I ordered some $1.50/2 manufacturer coupons off ebay for $1. I also was able to stack that with a Publix Coupon which you can find HERE. I only had 2 Publix coupons. So for my first transaction I was able to buy 4 for $0.18 total. I knew that even without having a Publix coupon that it was just too awesome of a deal, so I bought 14 more and used 7 $1.50/2 Manu. Coupons. My total for those 14 jars was only $7.63. I still have more coupons, but I knew I was already pushing my budget for the week so I decided I will go next week before the sale ends and buy the rest. I'm also borrowing a few friends printers so I can print off more Publix coupons! 



Menu 
Stir Fry
Pork Chops, greens, and something else (whichever hubby wants)
Crock Pot - Pot Pie
Brats and Mac & Cheese 
Lasagna and Bread 
Hamburger Helper
Sheppards Pie or a Chicken Dish

Last Weeks Menu
Teriyaki Chicken with rice and Yum Yum Sauce
Breakfast for dinner (eggs, bacon, etc)
Hamburger Helper
Deer Meat Chili with rice
 Boston Butt (sandwiches) with chips
Pancakes and Eggs

I also just made home-made granola bars today and will be posting step by step photos :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment