Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3/19 Shopping

Well since I won't be cooking for 9 days, I decided that this grocery trip would go towards my stockpile and a little splurging. My budget was $40 and I was barely able to stay in it, but I made it! My photo is missing 2 loaves of bread, a bag of munchies chips, and a bag of salad mix. I had put everything away when I remembered that I didn't take a photo. This shopping trip was done at Publix


Tostios Pizzas are 10/$10 I used a Manu. $1.10/5 & a Publix Coupon for B3G1. So I paid $2.90 for 5 pizzas. 

Toaster Struddles are on sale for $1.89 and I used a Publix B2G1 coupon and a $0.50 manu coupon which doubled to $1. I paid $2.78 for 3. 

The cocoa butter is $3.49 but got it for free with a Publix Coupon I got from joining the Publix Baby Club

The Windex was on sale for $2.89 and I used a $0.75/2 Manu Coupon and a $1.50/2 Publix Coupon. I spent $3.53 for both. Not great, but I was out so it was necessary. 

My waters were $4.49. (Way too high, but I didn't want to waste gas going to Kroger) 

The Munchos Chips were on sale for $2

My Strawberry Fields Pre Mix Salad was BOGO for $3.99 but I only got 1 so I paid $2

The Glade Trash bags were $5.99 

My two loaves of bread were on sale for $1.15 each 

I was able to buy 22 jars of Bertolli Pasta Sauce. I only had 1 Publix coupon for $1/2. I had 11 Manu. Coupons for $1.50/2. They were BOGO for $2.59

11 X $2.59= $28.49 
- $1 Publix Coupon = $27.49
- ($1.50 X 11= $16.50) = $10.99
So for 22 jars of Pasta Sauce, which don't expire until the end of 2015 I paid roughly $0.50 a jar. Normally they go for 5 times that price. 
This is when you add stuff to your stockpile, when the price is at it's cheapest. 

Total Spent $39.43 Total Saved $61.55
I LOVE when I save more than I spent!!

I know a lot of you are thinking that I didn't get real food. Well, no I didn't, but I also didn't need to buy any food. I have been stocking up so much with sales that I am good. My freezer is full and can't fit anything else, my pantry and cabinets are full, and my stockpile area is running low on room. 

I have decided that I will only buy 1 item a week to "stock up" on, if there is anything cheap enough to stock up. I will only set aside $15 for it. This way I'm not running from store to store trying to find all the sales. I guess we will see how it goes. 

On my menu this week:
We had Domino's yesterday (1/2 price!)
Stir fry
Chicken Nuggets, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans
Some kind of Chicken meal
Probably Hamburger Helper unless I can convince my hubby to eat something else. 




No comments:

Post a Comment