Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pin Ups for Soldiers



My last post I posted about the great organization Pin Ups for Soldiers or PUFS. I just wanted to post again about ways to donate to their organization. While couponing and getting free items, if there are any items that you have excess of or simply don't need, please please donate those items. PUFS would be a great organization to donate to. They have adopted many soldiers and units and send the donated items to them. Along with your donations you can send a card and it will also be delivered to the soldiers.


 PUFS is a great non-profit that sends carepackages to soldiers overseas through the sale of a classy WWII style Pinup calendar. One of the founders Dena Stahl,  decide to create PUFS while her husband was deployed with my husband to Afghanistan. She allowed me to help out while my husband was deployed and I was Miss. March in the calendar :) I was able to keep my mind off my husband being gone to war and I was occupying my time with something that helped others. We had car washes, we visited the VA and talked with the Veterans and listened to their stories of war, and we sent out care packages to soliders. It is a great organization and if you ever have extra razors, tooth brushes, or tooth paste please remember them and donate your items. Below is a link to their facebook page and you can message/comment me on here and I can send you their PO box.

https://www.facebook.com/PinupsforSoldiers?fref=ts

http://pinupsforsoldiers.org/




Care Package Items Needed: 

Single serve drink mix (ex: Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Gatorade) 
Instant Coffee (packets)
Ramen Noodles
Snack Crackers
Beef Jerky/Beef Sticks
Granola Bars/Cereal Bars/Pop-Tarts
Trail Mix
Instant Oatmeal
Fruit Chews
Hard Candy
Gum
Travel Kleenex (full size boxes are too large)
Body Soap (bar-not liquid)
Lotion (travel size)
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste (travel size)
Shampoo (all in one is great)
Gold Bond (travel size)
Baby Wipes/Wet Wipes
Q-Tips (travel size)
Hand Sanitizer
Sunscreen Wipes
Flossers
Razors
Playing Cards
Game Books (Crossword, Sudoku, etc)



Below are photos from while I was in PUFS



Dena and I at the VA 




Below is our picture from Drew's homecoming. I went 9 months straight without seeing him.







4 comments:

  1. I do accept as true with all the ideas you've offered on your post. They're really convincing and
    will certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for beginners.
    Could you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.



    Here is my weblog: electric drum kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the briefness of my posts. I'm pretty new to couponing myself and just post the deals as I make them along with what coupons I used and prices. I'm hoping to post video blogs soon and go into more details on things.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the favor”.
    I'm trying to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    my blog post :: left handed electric guitar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this website presents quality based content and extra information, is there any other web
    page which provides these kinds of data in quality?


    My website karcher pressure washer

    ReplyDelete