Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recipe Thursday

In my previous post you saw all the cans of Rotel that I got for free. Many people asked me what I was going to do with all those cans so I decided to show you one of my dishes that I use Rotel in. When making this dish, I didn't have a recipe. I was bored one day and decided I wanted to make my own recipe so this is what was created. :) I guess I need to come up with a name for it. Also, this was all made for under $6


                                                                           Tricia's Italiano :)

Ingredients:
1/2 box of Rotini Pasta or Penne Pasta
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 or 2 cans of Rotel 
1 Jar of Ragu Sauce, I used the Mushroom kind
1 Small Can of Chopped Mushrooms (I was out)
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese 
Salt 
Olive Oil



Boil Pasta ( I add 1tsp of salt to it and a little squirt of Olive Oil)


Cut up Chicken and cook on medium high, season as desired.


Layer with Pasta, Chicken, Mushrooms and Rotel


Add the Pasta Sauce


Add the Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese

Cook on 350 for 15 Minutes Until Cheese is Bubbly

Cover and Refrigerate 



Directions:
-Boil Pasta
- Cut up Chicken into pieces 
-Season Chicken if desired
- Cook Chicken on Medium High until white in the middle

Layers
-In a 9X13 Glass Baking Dish add
-Pasta
-Chicken
-Mushrooms
- Rotel or Diced Tomatoes and Peppers
- Pasta Sauce
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese as Desired
- Cover the Top with Mozzarella Cheese

Bake 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes until it is bubbly (just enough for cheese to melt and to heat the inside) 


I made this while the baby was sleeping and Selah was eating a snack and then I put a cover on it and put it in the fridge until lunch time. My husband has a constantly changing schedule so this recipe is good because I can make it in the morning and throw it in the oven whenever he is ready to eat. 


Please let me know what you think and if you end up trying it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment