Monday, January 28, 2013

Monogram, it's a southern thang! {Craft}

Recently I had a friend over who asked where I got my adorable monogrammed utensil holder from. Well. . . No, I did not buy this from one of those fancy boutiques. Instead, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a monogrammed letter they had which was on clearance. It was part of the pumpkin decorating kits and I got it after Halloween. I don't remember the price, but I'm sure it was under $1. The utensil holder I have was given to me used by my mother in law, but you can always spray paint a coffee can and add a ribbon to it.


Total Cost for Monogrammed Utensil Holder = Under $1



With Valentines Day coming up I wanted to make a wreath for my front door, but I didn't want to spend any money while doing it. A few months ago Target had Styrofoam wreaths in the dollar section, so I bought a few. Next, I wrapped it in extra Valentine fabric scraps that I had lying around. Finally, I cut out some hearts from thick drawing paper and roughly colored over them with markers and hot glued them on. I normally would have used some glitter and sparkle on the hearts, but all of my craft stuff is MIA from all the moving I've been doing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment