Friday, February 1, 2013

2/1/13 Grocery Trip

Today for my grocery shopping trip of the week I ended up going to three different stores. I really didn't need much food items so I just got some sale items and some stuff for Drew's lunchbox. I also got a drying rack for my dishes and some Purex for when I make my home made laundry detergent. 

My first trip was to Food Lion where I got a large pack of Pork Chops for $6 on markdown. There was seven Bone-in Pork Chops so I just opened the pack and divided them into two freezer ziplock bags. I also got a pound of ground beef which was on sale for $3.20 and a bottle of Purex Crystals which was on sale for $5 and I had a $1 off coupon! 

My next trip was to Kroger where I took advantage of the buy 10 save $5. I had a Capri Sun coupon for buy 3 get 1 free and I had a register print off that said if I buy 4 I save $3 plus Ibotta has a coupon for $1. The Capri Suns were on sale for $1.99 each when you buy any 10 participating items. So basically I bought 1 and got 3 free! I also had a coupon for Gillette Shaving Cream B1G1 and it was on sale for $2.09. The meatballs were on sale for $1.99 when you buy 10 items. I got Drew Riteguard deodorant and it was on close out for $1.79 but I couldn't find my coupons to go with it. I also got my FREE egg whites from the E-coupon Kroger had. My little Debbies were on sale for $0.99 when you buy 10. You get the point! I will post my prices at the bottom. 

My last trip was to Walmart. I was able to get Selah's box of diapers for only $12!! I stacked a Target web coupon for $3.50 off with a Publix coupon for $3 off. Instead of using them as "coupons" they will price match it and just subtract the $7.50 from the price of the diapers. I wish I would have had a manufacturers coupon to go with it. I also got the drying rack for like $4ish. Selah stole my receipt. 

All in all I think I have made a productive shopping trip. I was hoping to get fish sticks and some stir fry, but Kroger wanted $5 for the small bag of stir fry ($3.40 at walmart) and $4.50 for the Kroger brand fish sticks ($3 at Walmart) so I decided to wait and just pull out stuff from the freezer instead. I could have gone to the grocery section when I ran into Walmart, but Selah was tired of shopping and wasn't having it. So I ran in and out. 



Below is my $3 print out that I got from buying the Capri Suns! 

The * means part of buy 10 save $5

24 pack of Water -$2.99
Napkins -$0.88
(2) Bread -$1 on sale
Paper Towel -$0.68 on sale
(2) Shredded Cheese -$1.99 each
(2) Gillette Shave Cream -$2.09each (plus B1G1 Coupon) = $1.05 each
Egg Whites -$2.99 FREE with digital coupon
Blogna -$1.25
Hot Dogs -$0.98
Meatballs $1.99
Riteguard Deodorant -$1.79 (closeout price)
(2) Star Wars Fruit Snack -$1 each
Teriyaki Sauce -$1.39
*Little Debbie -$0.99 (part of buy 10 save $5)
Honey -$2.99
*Pop Tart -$1.50 (part of buy 10 save $5)
*Crystal Lite -$2.30 (part of B10/G$5) Plus $1 Ibotta
*(4) Capri Sun -$1.99 Each (part of B10G$5 plus B3G1 Coupon Plus Buy 4 get $3 in Register Rewards Plus $1 Ibotta)
*(2) Progresso Soups $0.99 each (Part of  B10/G$5 plus $0.50/2 which doubled to $1 so $0.50 each)

My total after coupons came to $37.66 
I saved a total of $20.22
and I also got a $3 Register Reward for my next purchase!









No comments:

Post a Comment