Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/30 Grocery Trip with CHEAP Rice




I was pretty proud of my grocery trip today. I spent less than $75 on everything! I also forgot to put a few items in the picture (chips, taco shells, and eggs) As you can see I bought a lot of rice. They had a Mahatma Rice Coupon for $0.50 any 1 rice, Luckily it came in yesterday, because it expired today. Kroger had the 1 pound bags of rice on sale for $1.09 and the yellow bags were on sale for $0.99. Since the coupon doubled to $1 I paid $0.09 for the 1 pound bags!

Food Lion didn't have any good meat deals so I just bought a roast from there and got some chicken breasts from Kroger. I only had to buy food for 3 days so I wasn't too worried about having a lot of meat. I ended up splurging and buying a $12 roast.


Publix has the Hawaiian Punch on sale 2/$4 and there is a $1 off coupon. Also, if you have the Publix Mothers Day Flyer you can stack the $1 coupon with the Publix BOGO coupon. If you don't have that, Dollar General and Kroger also has them on sale for $2 each. Selah insisted on sitting in the cart with the Punch.


What's on the Menu?
~Crock Pot Roast with veggies, rolls, and mashed potatoes or rice
~ Breakfast Burritos (How-to and photos to come)
~ Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Found Here


I will also be posting a how-to make your own Bisquick this week so be on the lookout for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment