Monday, April 15, 2013

Food Lion markdown!

Food Lion Markdowns! 


Oh, how I love seeing those little pink stickers. I was a little too early with my shopping trip and wasn't able to score much markdowns. I normally go later in the week, but Drew was home today so I took advantage of him being able to watch Selah. They were just marking the meat down while I was shopping. I noticed the man putting out the meat was putting the markdowns on the bottom which didn't make much sense to me. That being said, I had to move all the meat to find the markdowns. I was able to get hamburger patties for $4.02 originally $5.75. The steaks are on markdown from $9.60 to $5.23. The Minees cookies were only $0.24! The crackers are normally $1 a tub but I paid $0.25 each! They don't expire until September 2014. These are perfect snacks for my toddler and they fit easily into her diaper bag. I also reuse the containers and put my daughters play jewelry in them and other misc. items. 

I didn't have time to take a picture of all of my groceries so I decided to do a quick shot of my markdowns. The items in the photo came to under $12. I've never cooked a steak before, so this will be my first time. I was so clueless as to what type of steak to buy. Hopefully they turn out well. :)  If you have any tips on how I should cook the steak feel free to leave them in the comments. 


1 comment: